Monday, June 7, 2010

What's Mine is Mine, What's Yours is Mine

There's two sides to a bed. (For you polyamorous folks there may be three, but that's a level of anxiety even I can't fathom. One partner is more than enough.)

Back to my point...

Certainly everyone can agree that your side of the bed is yours. But what happens when your side is taken by your adventure seeking partner who wants to "try something new"?

In my endless quest to satiate my thirst for anxiety, I attempted this very thing myself. I scooted myself to the left side of my bed and felt the rush of stress overcome my senses. I could barely close my eyes, much less sleep.

Then there was the face of said partner. Shock and awe. The habitual Grapes (me) occupying inches to the left was like watching a car accident-- you can't look away. For you single folks, you can try this at home alone, but the plus to having a witness is that they will interrogate you like you committed a hit and run.

Another lesson in foolproof anxiety. Scoot over to the other side of the bed tonight, you'll thank me in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I switch sides in my bed each month. Right for a month, left for a month. This has more to do with even wear on the mattress, though - which is another topic all together.
    (another topic)

    ReplyDelete

Older Anxiety, Timeless + Foolproof

Grape Tweets

    follow me on Twitter