Monday, December 7, 2009

Saran Wrap/Plastic Wrap: Joyous Cause for Anxiety

Last night I made the decision to open the drawer under the silverware and utilize my most anxious food preserver: plastic wrap. It wasn't a decision made lightly, but one made under duress. Food, as it turns out, must be refrigerated for safekeeping.

And get this: Pizza slices don't fit into tupperware! Not a single box/lid combo can accommodate a slice of pizza anywhere on planet Earth. This is the sole reason I've ever purchased plastic wrap-- for pizza preservation.

Two issues glare back from that evil plastic roll: 1) the lethal blade on the edge of the box, and 2) static. How does one wrap a triangular shaped greasy mess of goodness in static-ey plastic wrap without piercing through the lovely hand skin one so relies on throughout the course of a lifetime?

The answer is... fail. There's no way to do it. Forget it. Either your hand ends up a bloody Freddy mess or only a third of your triangle gets covered.

Thus, when I order pizza I get to smile to myself that after all it's delicious cheesey goodness I can look forward to several minutes of uptight anxiousness and potential cardboard blade death when I attempt to do the impossible-- save a piece for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Anxiety, Timeless + Foolproof

Grape Tweets

    follow me on Twitter